A foreign national applying for a visa or green card must have a relative who is either a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. The applicant must prove that he/she is the U.S. Citizen or a Green Card Holder by providing the appropriate documentation to the USCIS.

Family Based Immigration
Applicant must also show that his/her financial income is 125% above the poverty line for his/her family. If the relative does not meet this financial criterion, joint sponsor can be added to the application.

K-1 visas permit U.S. citizens to bring their fiancés from another country into the United States.

Once K-1 visa is issued to the foreign national, the U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and the foreign fiancé have 90 days to marry and apply for permanent residency.

Are you a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident? Are you in the United States or you are outside of the United States at the time of application? If you are outside of the United States, you will need to apply for a visa first. If you are in the united states you can move to adjust your status through filing appropriate USCIS forms. Schedule consultation with an attorney for a more specific answer.

Family Based Immigration

Jacksonville Office 1644
Blanding Blvd. Jacksonville,
FL 32210
David M. W. Setzler, Esq.
Steven M. Croskey, Esq.
Donald R. Owens, Esq.
Viktoriya Bondaryk-Croskey, Esq.
Immigration Law
Personal Injury
Family Law
Criminal Law
904-515-2187 (English)
904-314-4221 (Russian, Ukrainian)